More than 20 executives and senior marketers have been selected to participate in the EMEA Fellowship Program, which aims to prepare marketing leaders to move into a CEO or similar role.
The Marketing Academy has unveiled a list of 24 CMOs and marketing leaders who have been selected to participate in the prestigious EMEA Fellowship Program.
Developed in collaboration with the consulting firm McKinsey & Company, the Executive Development Program is designed exclusively for CMOs and is designed to develop the skills needed to move into a CEO or similar role.
The free program is sponsored by the CMO Club, along with marketing leadership expert Thomas Barta, board-level coaching organization Wisdom8 and corporate communications experts Freud’s.
Fellows will participate in three immersive residential events with masterclasses on strategy, corporate finance, organizational health, leading transformational change, operational effectiveness and stakeholder influence.
In addition, fellows are assigned an executive coach and offered one-on-one mentoring with experienced board members.
To date, the global program has 140 alumni, including Visa chief marketing officer Adrian Farina, BT managing director of consumer marketing Christian Train, Diageo global CEO Christina Dijandino, Unilever global growth operations director Deborah Koyama and Formula One marketing and communications director Ellie Norman.
“Finding innovative growth areas and accelerating digitalization are key topics on the CEO agenda, especially in the aftermath of the pandemic, and marketing professionals are often best suited to address these challenges,” says Roberto Longo, a partner at McKinsey & Company.
“We again assembled a very strong and diverse group of CMOs with ambitions to become CEOs and bring consumer focus to the top table.”
The 24 marketing leaders selected as 2021 EMEA Fellows include:
- Colin Whaley, director of sales and marketing, Center Parcs
- Dawn Spencer, director of marketing, innovation and sustainability, Kerry Group Plc
- Frans Linaars, CMO Western Region and Group CX Director, TUI Group
- Gareth Helm, global general manager, HomeServe
- Gareth Jones, chief commercial officer, Farfetch
- Glenn Thomas, Chief Commercial Officer, QMENTA
- Jill Murray, Chief Commercial Officer, Arcadis
- Joanne Savage, director of EMEA marketing, Fitbit at Google
- John White, chief commercial officer, Electrocomponents Plc
- Kate Byrd, executive director of consumer revenue, Conde Nast.
- Marisa Kakari, managing director of brand, marketing and communications, AMS
- Mark Given, CMO, Sainsbury’s
- Mark Weil, CMO, Comparethemarket.com
- Nicky Sheard, CMO, BBC Studios.
- Paula Llewellyn, Managing Director (Direct) & CMO – Legal & General Insurance, Legal &
- General Insurance
- Sabah Naqshbandi, director of global marketing – Mr. Porter, YOOX Net-A-Porter Group
- Sarah Holt, director of sales and marketing, Merlin Entertainments Plc
- Steve Wilson, director of digital, Admiral Group
- Susan O’Brien, vice president of global brand, Just Eat
- Tina Koehler, director of marketing, digital and customer analytics, Audi UK
- Toby Whitmoyer, director of global marketing and innovation, Bacardi Ltd.
- Tom Wallis, CEO, Gousto
- Vikaas Saxena, director of marketing and digital, Philip Morris International
- Yilmaz Ersejes, CEO, Premier Foods